View Single Post
Ants Who Ruin Your Dinner
Codiekitty is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2008, 09:37 PM       
DS:

Somebody already mentioned Phoenix Wright, but you said you didn't care for it.

I liked Scurge Hive. It's not a great game, but it's decent and you can get it for $10 at many places like Target and Best Buy, so you can't complain about the price. It's essentially a 3D isometric Metroid, and I swear somebody on the design staff was a big fan of Metroid Fusion.

And for "I haven't played it but I've heard it's good," Etrian Odyssey is an ode to old school RPGs of past. You use the touch screen to make maps of the dungeons. It might be hard to find.

I thought Gate of Thunder was really lame (I played it on an actual TurboGrafx, I don't have a Wii and I don't want one right now). It wasn't uncommon for me to be holding the fire button and nothing else and having the enemies fly into my bullets, maybe I had to move up and down a little. Except for stage 5, the stages are all mechanical bases, or eventually move into one, or aren't mechanical bases but look like one anyway, and are often so busy that half the time I died I couldn't even figure out what hit me. The bosses look like toys. It's also really easy - the first time I played it I made it to the third boss without dying, and the fifth stage before getting a Game Over, and the only somewhat difficult stage is the sixth one because of how cluttered it gets sometimes, but this is easily taken care of with the Wave/Sonic Boom. The music was decent, though. Lords of Thunder is somewhat better, but it's not on the VC (yet).

It'd be nice if they'd get Ys on the VC.