View Single Post
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 9th, 2009, 10:31 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
There is some parity growing in the Div. I ranks. Old powerhouses like Michigan, Tennessee, and Notre Dame are giving way to teams like Boise State, Utah, and TCU.

One thing that more people should really be griping about that hopefully will change is the hiring practices of the universities. I'm not going to say that affirmative action via the Rooney Rule is necessary, but these AD's and Presidents need to hire the best man for the job, and sometimes that man is other than caucasian.
Notre Dame is a bit of an enigma as they have brought in ridiculous recruiting classes. Tennessee was on the back end of a dying regime with Phil Fulmer and Michigan completely changed offensive schemes and coaching staffs. Mark my words, Michigan will be a top 10 team within 3 years.

I feel the Rooney Rule is completely necessary in college football. It's a complete joke that only 7 (i think) head coaches in D1 are black. Top that off with nearly all of them getting shitty jobs to begin with. Ty Willinham getting hired at Notre Dame a few years ago was an extremely rare exception. Florida D coordinator Charlie Strong now believes that he hasn't had a head coaching job yet because he's married to a white woman. Some say Turner Gill is in the same boat and I don't blame the guys if they feel that way.

Yes, it was a great season and I'm holding back the sniffles because having to wait 8 months for the 2009 season to begin will be too much for me to handle.

On second thought....national signing day is in a month and spring practices start in April...