View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 04:02 PM       
If you are hungry and you want a potato, go get yourself a potato. If you want a potato, ten pounds of paperwork and you have about a week to kill, ask the government to get you a potato.

I’m not changing the subject entirely, but I’d like to offer a comparison. Currently, the government offers one stop shopping for all your educational needs, at the immense expense of the education of our youngest and most childlike Americans. Let’s draw a direct parallel between govt schools and govt Healthcare. The Department of Education costs us $60 Billion per year in NON-educational costs. That’s just administrative and managerial costs… no children get any smarter for that spending. Our least educated kids are found in the most densely populated areas where, not coincidentally, we spend the most per student to receive the least benefit.

There are plenty of bad explanations offered for bad educations, yet very few people are willing to say that maybe We The People stop giving a shit about something when we give the responsibility for it over to Uncle Sam. What makes you guys think Healthcare would be any different? Who is ultimately responsible for you? YOU. If you can’t hack it, then you have friends and family that know you and will most likely help. If you’re such an asshole that they refuse, or so unlucky or hideous as to have no friends or family, you at least live in a community that won’t just let you die. If you fall through those cracks somehow, the State will catch you. Washington DC is LAST in line.

By the time your problem gets to the national level, you are naught but a number and subject to all the ill-handling associated with the limited, distant and generally malignant perspective of the Federal Employee.

I’ll ask my as yet unanswered question again here:

For all your do-goody “think of the children” sentimentality, how many of you actually contribute to charities that offer assistance to these people whose shoddy lots in life you champion?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!