View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2009, 06:44 PM       
Don't forget that you'd probably be in a pretty hardcore prison if you were even considered for the death penalty, so you'd be surrounded by crazy fucking assholes all the time for the rest of your life and they'd probably poke you in your chest EVERY DAY and make fun of you and make your life suck.
You think your cell mate would let you read your precious, "True history of the samurai" books in prison, tadao? He'd probably make you eat it with your butt
Also I dunno how high your chance of escape would be.

Quote:
It costs approximately $20,000 a year to house one inmate. It costs less than $90 for the chemicals required to preform a lethal injection.
Yea but i think you have to count the years of housing while they are on death row, which I'm sure death row is like a fine hotel compared to the standard cost to house an inmate -- and I'm sure all the employees that deal with it get paid extra. Plus all the corruption and the judicial/investigative procedure could maybe add up. usually people are on death row for a while before they are actually executed.

I don't think "cost" should necessarily be a consideration, though. Especially since things can be done to lower the cost. That said, that statistic seems retarded. Also, given the fact that there's only so many executions (especially compared to the amount of people serving life in prison) in a year I doubt that it really adds much to the bill. If there's a hundred people executed in a year, then that's the cost of housing 300 inmates.

anyway im kind of busy right now but I'll make up a fun argument soon.