View Single Post
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:41 PM       
Quote:
This law isn't about race. It's about breaking the law or not breaking the law. If you're an Legal / Natural Born American citizen then you don't have anything to worry about. If you're here illegally then you're committing a crime.
Once again, what constitutes the "reasonable suspicion" that a person is illegal and that a cop should demand their papers, if not race?

I'm waiting.

Quote:
(citation needed)
You don't believe me that minorities are pulled over more than whites? You're even more naive and stupid than I had initially believed. Allow me to show you:
http://www.chicagoreporter.com/index...g_While_Latino
From the article:
Quote:
Latino drivers are being stopped at a higher rate by the police than their share of the driving-age population, and they are more likely to have their cars searched than their white counterparts, shows a Chicago Reporter analysis of 2007 traffic stop data collected by the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Quote:
The Reporter’s analysis also found that Latino drivers were asked for permission to search their cars at a higher rate in 25 out of the 44 communities than white counterparts—despite the fact that Latinos were less likely to be found in possession of contraband.