View Single Post
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM       
hah raven.. you missed my point.. the fed is cutting state budgets too..

the rightwing arguement seems to be based on an idea that many countries want to destroy america becuase they are envious of our 'prosperity' so we should be more militarized to defend against this.. to me this is ludicris backwards and ignorant.. the reasons as i see them for terrorist attacks are our corporate crimes against humanity.. whether its Walmart paying 19 cents an hour to thirdworld country workers or our corporations taking advantage of countries with little environmental protection or enforcement and dumping toxic chemicals whereever they can. we call our cheap goods some kind of prosperity when these prices are simply a result of ripping someone else off!?

so the rightwings answer is militarism .. and my answer to terrorism is corporate crackdown on abuse.. and INCREASES in social programs so we have fewer people in desparation..
how can a terrorist group recruit if the poeple have basic necessities(clean water, air, medcare, education)?! they can't ..

you rightwingers want to fight violence with violence, i think we need to fight violence by breaking the cycle.. stop corporate violence first!

/steps off his soapbox