View Single Post
NatRatBat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 12:30 AM       
Yeah during the war women rose to the challenge and that is badass, but after the men came home most returned to being homemakers.

I'm the only one that works in my family, I think sometimes women who work get a bad rap unjustly. I've worked a few hard jobs, I've been a hotel maid, a waitress, and a janitor at an elementary school. They may not sound so bad, but cleaning up puke, piss, shit, and semen all day for 3.00 per room is pretty terrible. Being on your feet 8-12 hours and having to eat shit from a bunch of jerks who speak to you very slowly. Getting your ass pinched by dirty old men and then not getting tipped. Those things can really bring a person down. I try not to complain, but when you don't have the means (or the time) to go back to school and get a good job things start to grate on you.
Yeah women don't put together bombs, planes, and "all that jazz" very regularly anymore but a lot of them still work just as hard. However for these women workers there is no relief, no idea of "once my husband gets back from the war I can stay home and watch my babies all day." Cut us some slack, many female bread-winners love their husbands and don't whine. I love my husband very much, but occasionally I want to be human and say "yeah I really fucking hate my job, I'm glad I have one, but sometimes I wish I didn't have to have one."

I know my writing is poor, but I hope I got my point across.
KingArthur: Well, what's that then?
Black Knight: I've had worse.