View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 18th, 2010, 01:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
I'm just mocking people who think drinking and brushing their teeth with a well known rodenticide and insecticide is good for them. Isn't this I-Mockery?
They aren't. They're brushing their teeth with a product that includes minute amounts of a compound that is shown to help combat tooth decay, and is shown to be harmful only in large amounts. The fact that you have still failed to grasp this points to brain damage, possibly from that time you ate four tubes of toothpaste to show how an overdose can cause mental retardation.

Quote:
But to counter your point, its very simple really, they don't want to pay the huge fees for the disposal of hazardous waste. So they solve pollution...with dilution ....and they feed it to the poor slobs all the while telling them that its "good" for them.

Its not a conspiracy...nor is it a very complicated.
You mentioned that I should double-check some definitions, yet you don't know what a conspiracy is. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you really do understand a conspiracy is an evil/illegal act that involves more than one person. If you truly believe that this is all the work of just one person, why not prank call them?

Anyway, I assume "they" refers to companies that produce Sodium Fluoride as waste.

Walk me through how they get it from their factories to the water supply. Let's just assume that everyone at that company, from the CEO who decides to put the waste in the water down to the truck drivers who have to transport the stuff, are diabolical enough to be in on the conspiracy to poison the water supply for profit.

How are they able to include so many outside people, including but not limited to, the scientists behind the research showing the substance to be beneficial in small amounts? How have they been able to penetrate so many different organizations? Why are these bodies, even governmental ones, willing to go along with it? It cannot be profit because there isn't enough to go around, and it can't be explained away with some half-hearted "people are sheep" line.

This is the big problem with conspiracy theorists like you: you come up with these simple theories for why these things happen, but you never take the time to think of all that would be necessary to facilitate them. All the resources that need to be used, all the people who need to be bribed/dealt with, etc.

Quote:
If all the information points to something being harmful to you then it may just be harmful to you.
Indeed. Thankfully, all the information is pointing to the levels of sodium fluoride being good for your teeth. You've attempted to argue to the contrary, but have failed to provide any evidence to show that any amount of the substance, no matter how small, is bad for you.

Look, how about a compromise: there's a page on wikipedia about fluoride poisoning, and it begins with the line "In high concentrations..." Why don't you spend a week or so trying to get them to change to that to "In any amount or concentration..." so everyone will know the terrible truth? You're wasting your gift for debate here, Coolie! The world needs to know your information! Just hurl links at them until they relent! It doesn't matter what the links say!