View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 14th, 2010, 03:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougClayton4231 View Post
It has about the amount of action as Splinter Cell Chaos Theory. Getting detected makes enemies call for backup, so stealth is still the best idea. The whole multi kill thing requires you to kill enemies in melee stealth before you can use it to balance it. It works very well.
What I mean is that the game is a lot more forgiving in regards to stealth. It used to be that you had to carefully monitor your degree of visibility beyond "in the shadows/not in the shadows", as well as how fast you moved for fear of making too much noise.

As for the marking insta-kill bit, I would definitely call that an action game move because you used to be required to neutralize enemies manually. Before, getting in close for a silent takedown was just a tricky, but rewarding way to bring enemies down without making a scene. Now, it's more about loading up for your three-kill supermove. It's not bad; it's just different to have Sam Fisher pulling off action movie stuff like that.

This is why I brought up ME2 in particular; as in that game, changes have been made to the original formula in the name of dropping some of the slower-paced elements to streamline the action. It's merely different, and the changes shouldn't stop a person from enjoying the game. I will say that I found the black-and-white hiding bit kind of annoying, though.

Also, can you not drag bodies anymore? I couldn't get that to happen in the demo.