View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:36 PM       
Quote dictionary.com all you want Coolie, but you fail to prove 10% qualifies as 'high unemployment'. The fact is that the prolonged period of 4% unemployment was a fluke, and not at all the norm. 10% unemployment is uncomfortable, but it is not high by honest standards. Not when the rate during the only depression we have ever had were 3 to 5 times that amount.

But I won't stop at that flow in your argument Coolie, your definition calls for a severe recession. This recession is not at the rate of severe, it isn't even as bad as the 70s were, but you want us all in a state of panic (for what I am now forced to believe is for sinister motives) so you not only insist it is a depression, (despite history, facts, the actual definition of a depression, the direct comparison of the 70s recession to now, and everyone posting here disagreeing with you), but then you try to bend reality around your words in a sad desperate attempt to get us all to join you in your log cabin in Montana

Last edited by Pentegarn : May 18th, 2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: a phantom d that did not belong was put in my post by gremlins, I dispatched it