View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 22nd, 2008, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Careful with this argument, it earned me a "C" on my final thesis paper in Philosophy 101.
That's because you said gays shouldn't be allowed to get married because they can't procreate. Not that we shouldn't stop having lots of children because they fulfill a social need, which is what somebody proposed.

I think that calling anti same sex marriage supporter discriminatory, prejudicial or any other negatively loaded word is wrong. Quite frankly, your philosophy professor would have probably accused you of a circumstantial/abusive ad hominem and been done with it ;o

Again, homosexuals aren't really being denied any rights. Its just that the right does not entail them being able to marry whoever they want. Its just like the right to free speech, if you're inciting a riot with hate speech and somebody slaps your mouth and hauls you off to jail, your right to free speech hasn't been infringed. Hate speech isn't protecting by the right to free speech. kind of accidenty...

Last edited by kahljorn : Dec 22nd, 2008 at 06:04 PM.