View Single Post
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 19th, 2012, 10:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
More and more classic sites are shutting down and people are just making posts on social media sites rather than having something of their own, and I don't get it. But I realize I'm also just getting older, cuz I also hate that video rental stores are shutting down everywhere. I hate seeing book stores shutting down. I hate seeing music stores shutting down. I hate that there aren't enough arcades.
That first sentence says it exactly. Back in the geocities days (and including all those other terrible free web hosting sites) there was a certain charm to everything because people were learning basic html and putting their own ideas out there. Now everyone just goes "hey look what I found" on facebook so that people can go "huh, cool" and it's just an endless cycle of uncreativity.

I don't know if it's getting older as much as it's losing your capacity for accepting change, which probably does come with age but I feel completely different in this respect from everybody in my age group. When you're a kid you don't care when shit changes, you even love it, but I'm in my mid-20s and I already find it extremely hard to give a shit about new trends and technology. My phone is from 2006, my TV is from the 90s, I only have a new laptop because my old one broke but I got cheapest fucking thing I could find and it still has more features and hard drive space than I care to ever use.

But it definitely sucks that video rental stores and bookstores are becoming obsolete. The internet, from my vantage point, is pretty damn awful and I honestly question how much I would really care if SOPA passed.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog