View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2005, 05:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne
Oh ok, but to you the first and second one are ok? That makes absolutely no sense.
It's very VERY dangerous to put 'legal but only under the condition that etc. etc' stipulations on things like this.

Perhaps you might be opposed to it morally (which makes no sense to me, if you're not bothered by the first two abortions...)
I believe I already said I'm against it.

Quote:
are you against the morning after pill?
Personally, or as policy? There's a difference, but it's a subtle difference that zealots such as yourself probably don't get.

Quote:
Do you have a vagina? Are you ever going to have a baby? I'm not saying this to say you have no right to an opinion, but how would you like it if I argued that getting hit in the balls feels good? I don't have balls, so how could I POSSIBLY RELATE to how that feels?

And Kelly, nice fucking work in this thread.
YEAH, WAY TO GO BUD, GO TEAM!! :ABORTION!

I'm glad you commented, because I think you highlight my point. I think that if you think most Americans think abortion is a great method of contraception, then I think you are out of step with the very rational and moderate view that most Americans hold on abortion. I think the difference between you and the fundamentalists mentioned by kelly is that the latter knows that they're fundamentalists.

As for your balls/vagina comparison, I think it's not entirely relevant. You have no role in me getting prostate cancer, or getting kicked in the balls (other than being the potential kicker). Is your argument seriously that abortion and birth is only a woman's entitlement to discuss, because she encounters the discomfort? Maybe I'm ignorant here, is getting an abortion similar to going to a spa?????