View Single Post
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM       
Quote:
Because this thread is about race. I think any prefferential treatment to people who don't deserve it is unfair.
Then lead the fight against legacy acceptees. Here's the baton.

Quote:
Most of the people here seems to be able to distinguishg between the different cultures and races just fine. (See the argument about Jordan......)
See the National Geographic questionaire, the results of which were recently published. Regardless of the education of the people in this philosophy forum (what, 30 regulars?), 200 million plus Americans don't know shit about the rest of the world.

Quote:
Get off your ass, stop playing oh poor me and get on with life.
I'm doing quite fine with my life, thanks.

So you are 1/2 native american -- my apologies for assuming otherwise. But don't assume that I care personally about my own ethnic heritage, or "race", because I don't.

Quote:
No one today can be held acountable for what was done before they were born.
In a society, everyone has the responsibility to extinguish society's sins, past or present. Events end, but the cultural memory and social stratification persist. Go to Cleveland, or Detroit, if you haven't already. And people are -still- discriminated against, even today -- psychological study after study reaffirms the existence of unconscious prejudices, even today. You cannot deny that others -are- hurt by racism, even if you are not. The words are painful for some -- if you want to look at it clinically, hate crimes have been shown to cause more emotional damage than non-hate crimes. All the more reason for vigilance.