View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 9th, 2005, 03:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Yeah Ant, that's exactly the kind of one-sided "America is never wrong" attitude I'm talking about. America is just a scapegoat, we never DID anything to hurt anyone. We certainly haven't manipulated, lied to, or broken promises to other nations.

Geeze man, why do you think we're the only superpower? Cuz God blessed us and made us his favorite?
I'm just using saying we aren't the reason for all the bad in the world. I also know we do tons of bad shit. I'm not uneducated. I know about what we did in El Salvador in the 80s. But should my sister's(who went to El Salvador last year to help poor people) train be targeted by a 'combat squad' because someone believes that two wrongs make a right and gets you a special spot next to Allah.

If you honestly are so taken away by Churchhill's essay then thats your problem. Its poorly written and he makes several bad analogies which in my opinion will cause lots of people to dismiss it. I wonder if he really hates capitalism or he is like Moore and thinks capitalism is evil but reaps in the tremendous benefits of it. I mean I bet more people have read his article in the past week than in the past three years. He is probaly happy and selling tons of his other books. I'm sorry I may come off as one sided but I am trying to defend the U.S.(without approving of everything in our history). I just believe that if Bin Laden could he would kill Western civlians by the millions systemically like Hitler did if he could. Our country has the ability to do it if we wanted to but we don't. We do tons of shitty things but I don't think we are worthy of the worldwide hatred that we have towards us. Which is why I come to the conclusion that we are scapegoats in a way. And I just think if people like Churchhil are really concerned about genocide they should start doing some stuff about Sudan. I mean that is a real genocide and America and the rest of the world is just going to let it happen again. I just think Churchill and the others with his opinions have more of a hatred towards capitalism and our government in general than about human rights.

Capitalism can be a great thing thou. Bill Gates gives shots for tons of stuff to like every fucking kid living in the third world countries. And he is a monopoly! The worst breed of capitalistic scum.