View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
oops i forgot to respond to this:
Quote:
Great so you're not only an asshole you're also pedantic. I've checked Wikipedia - the source of all knowledge in the world - and it turns out colloquially ad hominem could be used to describe any personal attack regardless of it's it's used in an argument
Idiots abuse words all the time. That's not the proper usage and since I had used the term false dichotomy in its proper context and you were trying to sound equally "smart" in your response, I figured you were responding the way a smart person would but I guess I was totally fooled. Kudos.
also try looking up, "Equivocation."

so which "ad hominem" is it you were talking about, anyway. Personally I think what you said makes no sense if you take it to mean an insult, since the event which you were referring to as an ad hominem was when I tried to sound "Smart" which must mean when I was using the word false dichotomy? There was no insult there except maybe, "Blow your mind." Or was it the crap about how space scientists aren't qualified experts on if the moon landing happened? Either way, they weren't insults or "ad hominems." The only ad homineyish things I even posted didn't even look like they were trying to sound smart.
but i guess im pedantic. I think your usage of ad hominem was kind of ad homineyish like ive done something wrong and my argument is worth ignoring because it's just showoffey.