View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2003, 06:08 PM       
Quote:
So how does that work out when you have a Republican controlled majority in Congress,
How did they get there again?

Quote:
Extreme candidates win office under current rules, too. Bob Barr managed to exist in Georgia, and Bernie Sanders is doing just fine in Vermont.
And they are doing just fine in the small areas they are confined to. They were directly elected by the people of their region. That doesn't mean they should be running the country.

Quote:
Your argument is also a very condescending one that shows little faith in the American people.
Gee, I wonder how my faith was shattered. Could it be the fact that American Idol gets more voters than a presidential election?

Quote:
If we live in a nation where a lunatic could be popularly elected, don't you think we have more problems than just the functions of our government...?
We do have more problems than the functions of our government.

Quote:
This would change if we had a higher voter turnout. Maybe people need to feel insentive??
You have say in choosing the Leader of the Free World and can better your life and the life of your children. What more do people want? A DVD box set of the campaign? Maybe a CD of all the contestants.....er, candidates.