View Single Post
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:03 AM        I just found out I will be laid off
I had a meeting with the general manager of the company that I work for and I have been informed that my last day will be may 30th as of this year. My branch is getting the axe and will be relocating to 65 miles west of boston to merge into another branch to make it one vast branch. I've also been informed that from now on to may 30th, the workload will be H E L L since the company is growing. During the meeting, I got an offer of 4000 dollars bonus check, a cobra severance package that includes temporary full healthcare and an eligibility for unemployment payment as long as I stay until may 30th. While all of this sounds frickin sweet, I'm having doubts about the big bonus check. I'm having suspicions that I am, as well as my co-workers, are being royally screwed for number of reasons. After signing a contract agreement, I asked for a copy of the contract and I was refused. The general manager didn't offer anybody a position at the new branch. I've never been fired nor laid off from a job in the past and I worked for this company for 8 years. Just wondering if anyone else has any expereince of being royally screwed by their company in the past?