View Single Post
Seeker of Clams
Blue Gularis is probably a spambot
Old Nov 13th, 2007, 05:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne View Post
Finally, an ounce of funny out of you losers! It only took like 5 posts in a row out of Blue*. Ha, you're not as bad as I thought.

Somehow I knew this would turn into a line of fat jokes, though. Cartoon amalgams are still not funny or creative.

*edit: interestingly enough, this funny came from his use of words and not shopped cartoon pictures. Just throwing that out there.
Hi DuFresne,

I am going to talk to you as if you were a normal person. Everybody has their own idea of what is funny. I myself don't think cartoon amalgams are truly all that "funny" in a big HA Ha kind of way, they just happen to be mildly amusing to me and some others. It's fun for us to take cartoon characters and mix them together. Is it creative? Maybe not all that much, after all we are using the creations of others. Fun? Definitely! As I said earlier I find this exercise satisfying in the same way that I like Halloween costumes and coloring books (you are never too old for coloring books) It's also fun the way having a favorite TV or movie character cross over and make a guest appearance in a different TV show is... it feels like a look into a parallel world, the universe expands a little. A lovely added bonus is I've gotten lot's of practice with Photoshop which has just today landed me a sweet part time job as art director for a sci-fi magazine that I am going to have a lot of fun with- I win-win. You'll certainly be pleased to know that I included 'Popeye the Aquaman' in the samples that went with my pitch! -That's me laughing my way to the bank folks! To quote Steve Martin, "I get paid for doing this."

Now back to you DuFrense, and your "funny" issues. Apparently you think it's funny to be obnoxious. Actually, I do find your particular brand of obnoxiousness kind of funny in limited doses but probably not in the 'good way' you would like. Making a complete prat of yourself with your picture was pretty good though, I enjoyed it for the sad bid for attention it was. When you were being creative, even in such a limited way, you were a lot more amusing than when you just walk in and say something to the effect of These all suck, you guys are dumb and untalented. That's just annoying and has no redeeming value here, there or anywhere. It makes people dislike you pretty much instantly and it shows meyou are a very unhappy person with soft hands who feels better only when he puts down others- it's really pathetic man, just think it through- how do you think others perceive you? You obviously do care, that's plain to see even through your 'I'm the sarcastic super cool critic guy' facade.

I guess maybe you are a masochist- you seem a lot happier now that I called you some nasty names. My pleasure, I just hope you weren't putting those gummy bear mitts of yours to work while I was doing it... Eww.

Anyway, fuck off.