Thread: Hitler / Bush
View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 03:46 PM       
By the way, the wartime economic "boom" is non-existant. The German economy was actually driven into the ground by Hitler's war machine. The only reason it works in America is because of how very vastly it applies. We not only manufacture our own munitions, we do so for the world as well.

As to the article, well, Italian is as usual quite correct. There are some rather fanciful intrepretation of reality in that piece. Such as its very opening, Hertha Daeubler-Gmelin did not resign because she compared Bush with Hilter, but because of the negative backlash she received from her words made her reelection impossible. . .If you will recall, she said it during the German elections. His case is further weakened by the fact that many of the contrasts he cites are not similar in the least. . .But to be honest, that isn't my objection.

". . .of comparing Saddam Hussein with Adolph Hitler, by most accounts the most monstrous figure in modern history"

See, this is what bothers me. He considers a comparison between Hitler and Hussein to be unwarranted slander, as evident from his writing tone, and yet, he is eagre to show how the converse corrolation between Adolf and Bush "stick," but it doesn't. Not only is this an obvious double standard, it is a harmful one. Let me quote an anonymous liberal from the San Francisco Peace Protest to display my point better:

"Even though I dislike (Bush's) policies, what disturbs me as an American is to see some of these signs portraying him as Hitler and comparing him to the Third Reich. I think thats disgusting and unpatriotic. I mean in our generation, in my folks generation, and in your generation, that was the most horrible thing mankind ever lived through. To protray him as Hitler, I think, is just disgusting. . .I think when they go that far, I think they take alot of the muscle away from the true message, and what we're out here for, because that brings such heated opinions and passions and when they see that kind of comparison, it clouds the real reason that we're out here."

Anyone with a third grade education can see that his argument is nonsense. Judging only by the ramification of their actions one can see there is no real comparison. People have spoken of shock and awe, and that is exactly what this is, on an entirely different level.