Thread: Hitler / Bush
View Single Post
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:41 PM        Hitler
Ror -

Thanks for the info. I was curious about the Hertha Daeubler-Gmelin issue. It seemed a bit odd the way the article portrayed it, but I wasn't concerning myself with that at the time. I was only looking for a comparison of the two.

I agree that to compare Hitler to Bush but to say the comparison to Saddam doesn't add up is hypocritical at best. Saddam has more of the terrifying similarities than Bush could ever have. It's why I chose this particular article. It broght up more political aspects than many of the others I ran across that were just so bad I had to laugh.

I am still curious as to what in the article is historically misrepresented or twisted. I do see a few things that try to make Bush look worse. Quite unnecessary.

Quote:
19. Like Hitler, Bush has no qualms about imposing "regime change" by installing Quisling-style client governments reinforced by full-scale military occupation under a military governor.

20. Like Hitler, Bush curtails civil liberties and depends on detention centers (i.e. concentration camps) such as Guantanamo Bay.
Being the worst. With 27 just being off the wall as far as a comparison goes. But that is more current and less historical.

I agree with a lot of the comparisons. I disagree with a few.
Though I in no way believe that Bush could ever be as evil as Hitler was. I do believe that some of the similarities are quite interesting. But then, if you let a psycho-feminist do the comparison I'm sure you'd get a whole list of woman hating, penis having, macho B/S. The comparisons would be just as real. But in the end they wouldn't mean anything.
I posted this to get a debate going since it had been brought up in another thread. Looks like this one will fade away.
Oh well - better luck next topic I guess.