View Single Post
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 27th, 2010, 08:32 AM       
Food for thought for you Kuku:

Some people have these things called siblings, aunts/uncles, and parents. In most cases they can often be older than you are. So they pass their old toys to their younger brothers/sisters, sons/daughters, nices/nephews and they do so in order to allow said younger siblings to enjoy said toys fromn an era gone by. Perhaps when people who are 16 say "I had 3 of those" it might, just might be because they have these older siblings, parents, or aunts/uncles who passed these toys and games down to the next generation.

I myself was the youngest of 5, so I got to enjoy original GI Joes, (the 16inch figuers, the mobile command center, etc) wooden Fischer Price toys (like the airport and the barn and the schoolhouse), old board games pretty much out of print in my time (like Pathfinder, The Magnificent Race, and so on). So maybe these "web brats" are not lying as you assume. Perhaps 16 year old Billy has an older brother (maybe 30 year old Greg) who grew up playing with old Transformers and He-man toys. My nephews got almost all my old toys because I wanted them to enjoy what I got to enjoy.

As I said though, food for thought.