View Single Post
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 23rd, 2006, 09:14 PM       
I'm feeling like a huge badass now. I can be a Samurai if I want, but I'm sticking with Lancer until I get a few more abilities.

I'm one map away from ending Chapter 1, and I leveled my guys up a fuckton. Problem is, Ramza's at level 23 now, while everyone else is at lower levels, but random battles always raise up to the highest-level character in your group, even if you aren't using them for that battle. So MAYBE I should have Ramza sit a few out and let everyone get closer to the same level, then finish the chapter. I also want to get a highly-skilled Thief so I can steal a certain faggot's equipment. She's getting better at slutting it up, and I charmed 3 demons in my last battle.

Really, while enemies level up with you, the advantage is still in your favor, as they don't learn new skills. But at the same time, if you level up too much too early, you won't have the equipment available to you that will further increase your OWN stats to compete with tougher enemies. So I think I need to cut down on the powerleveling for now. At least until I get axes and lances and samurai swords.

Ramza is just a fucking killing machine. Monk + Armor + Accumulate = Unstoppable. My Priest even has Holy AND finally has the MP to use it. My Chemist learned Elixer and Remedy, and I have a new Squire I'm working up slowly but surely.

The game starts off with such a tough difficulty curve, but once you learn abilities and job classes, it becomes so much easier. I just hope that holds out throughout the game.

I also have to say that the Job System for this game is the best in any Final Fantasy game. Only FFX-2 comes close, but it doesn't have the same level of customization, just the ease of use. FF5's was customizable to a degree, but required WAY too much tedium in gaining job levels.