View Single Post
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2010, 04:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsunexus View Post
Don't. It's the American "Easytype" version, not the regular Japanese FFIV translated to English. This wouldn't be an issue normally, except that they go out of their way to mislead you into thinking it's FFIV, it says in the description (paraphrasing) "but this game is actually Final Fantasy IV".

I called Nintendo Customer service and spoke to them about the situation, YOU WILL NOT GET YOUR WII POINTS REFUNDED. They're citing that they want to keep the Wii experience localized to America, which is a faulty reason considering you can buy games like Sin and Punishment and Puyo Puyo 2 which are both Japanese games that were never released on American soil. When I questioned them about this, they kept avoiding the subject, but they were firm on not refunding my points.

Don't make the same mistake I did, unless you actually want the bowlderised and easier American translation for some strange reason.
Oh joy, this will be fun.

On the shop channel, it is advertised as final fantasy 2, not 4, also its the snes, so its just going to be a straight copy of the original American snes cart. Also, the american Final Fantasy 2 is different than the japanese "easytype" version (the american version kept all the bosses and enemies, the only thing changed was some graphics (to remove nudity from summons) and making it a little bit easier, whereas the easytype version was made much easier than the american version, and replaced the final boss with a new version of zeromus who pretty much died when you hit attack.). So yes, it really is Final Fantasy 4, just a bit weaker, but not as weak as easytype.

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR