View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2011, 06:18 AM       
Alright, more thoughts on DC Universe online after playing it for most of the weekend.

Really stable, still not a single crash though I had to relog twice because my powers wouldn´t activate, seems to be some problem with the interface.

I mostly played as Vic Eldritch, flying, axewiedling magic-user (Destiny branch) and while the gameplay is way more simple than...say World of W, it´s more fun at the same time. I may only have 5, 6 Skills at level 12 but that kinda focusses the experience a bit more. I have to rely on the proper use of those skills and rely on my weapon for the most part which by now can do quite a few useful combos. I can stun my enemies with a flurry of axe blows, smash them in the air and stuff like that.

I also really like the style feature the more stuff I get. My villain looks like I want, no matter what stuff I´m really wearing.

The quests have some nice moments in them too. As a minion of Circe, I battled Dr. Fate (never heard of him before), I clobbered, Queen Bee...on the Heroe´s side, I arrested Scarecrow and even Bane, now that was kinda cool. They also send in NPC-Heroes to help you so for example in the Bane fight, Nightwing joins in to take revenge for Batman´s spine :D

I´ve yet to try alerts (raids) and PVP but I can already tell there´s a lot of factions I can buy stuff from, complete with cool faction armor that looks really nice. I´d post a screenshot of my guys but I don´t think the PS3-Version can do that...