View Single Post
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
Its not that the mission was hard. I just didnt care for the sci-fi / fantasy (whatever you want to call that bitch) ancient civilization with magical super powers being thrown into the mix. Couldnt have just been a bad ass war game without getting anigayed with a tired out cliche?

I still like the game. Its to bad ass for that one dumb bitch to bring it down.
BUT THE VALKYRIA ARE A METAPHOR FOR THE SUPPOSED "MASTER RACE" FROM WORLD WAR II, ATTEMPTING TO OPPRESS GALLIA, WHICH IS ACTUALLY SWITZERLAND. SO ACTUALLY IT'S VERY DEEP, YOU'RE JUST DUMB, ACTUALLY

Fair warning, that whole race thing becomes pretty important at the end of the game and kinda brings down the second half. Hence "Valkyria Chronicles" and not "Plain Old Awesome Wartime Chronicles". But the missions get pretty fucking awesome, too. There's this land dreadnought you have to pile your soldiers onto, and you have to use this clever trick with the tanks and the landscape to beat it. And this crazy minefield you have to finagle your way through.

They definitely make up for the stupid story with some great combat. I still haven't tried the DLC yet. Hard Mode is supposed to totally change a lot of the missions, and the side story with Edy, Marina, and Gay Bender looks awesome.