View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 1st, 2006, 11:14 AM       
1. Max, do you have a link for this? Not that I don't trust you, I'd just like to see who wrote it and use it as a jumping off point.

2. "They said at the time that Bush was following a practice that has "been used for several administrations" and that "the president will faithfully execute the law in a manner that is consistent with the Constitution.""

So my question is this, and the Globe makes no mention of it-- How does this compare to past presidents? If Bush is at 750, where was Clinton at this point? What about other presidents?

If this is all just standard then we seem to have a more systemic problem, one that is being exacerbated and standardized by this prez. However, if Bush is abusing (or "exercising") his constitutional authority far beyond that of any other previous president, then I think we have a problem.

Once again, he may be harming no one. Like the article said, a lot of this stuff might be tedious, regulatory-type stuff that nobody wants to bother with. But that won't stop future presidents from using his precedent to fuck us.

:imperial