View Single Post
fungineer
kakumei is probably a spambot
Old Jan 1st, 2010, 05:17 PM       
wow. thanks to the holidays and my crazy work schedule, i didn't get to check this forum for several days. it is some kind of crazy shit show in here.

first off, i'm glad pancakes got his secret santa gift finally-- i'm excited for the photos. if he'd like to post photos of his real santa's gift too, then that'd also be awesome. i'm also still waiting on zhukov's photos-- i hope the presents were super sweet.

second, i'd like to wish everyone a happy new year. i hope you all did something fun and exciting, instead of working all night like i did. a champagne toast at midnight is only awesome if you're not in the middle of cleaning up and trying to get out of the kitchen.

third, thanks go out to dextire on keeping track of... well, everything. he definitely gave us all a run for the money by sending his gift (which was full of awesome) out so early. kudos.

fourth and last, i had a lot of fun with this secret santa event. thank you, 10k volt ghost for running it, and for my awesome presents! having read over the posts that i missed over the last few days, i'd have to agree with stonewar-- being an adult now, i don't get a lot of actual presents (as in, not money, or candy) these days, so it was really nice to get something totally silly and fun for christmas this year. and even if microshock participates next year, i think i'll join anyway if there are enough people. to be completely fair, he hasn't done anything to detract from my personal enjoyment of this event, so i have no real cause to hate him. on the official side, he did send out his secret santa gift (which contained no dollar store items at all, as far as i can tell) late, but so did a handful of other people-- even 10k volt ghost didn't send his stuff out until the 9th-- but it turned out fine, because if you followed the directions and sent it at least via priority mail, then your secret santa would still have plenty of time to post photos. on the subject of photos, microshock did post his pictures before the deadline passed while there were other people who could not/did not. granted, he did say he was going to do mini-reviews of the movies, and then didn't do them, but at least he posted the photos. also granted, the photos should have been resized and less blurry, but to be totally fair, it took me a while to figure out the settings when i first started using a digital camera a few years back. his attitude throughout has been rather off-putting, but reading the past posts, anyone can see that escalation was on both sides, and that our pickled patriarch rog asked that we not bitch and moan in the official event thread. i'm not religious at all, but christmas is still a time for giving, forgiving, and being with loved ones. i'm not exactly defending microshock, and i would not cry if he was banned from next year's event, but i don't think it's completely fair to relentlessly attack him. that's just my two cents. carry on!