View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM       
Well, the problem with the workplace thing is this...

Men can be assholes, yes. Men can have their own agendas and be devious and all of that. But it's still pretty straightforward. Personal agendas and work agendas don't constantly intertwine. It's not that hard to figure out where you stand.

The vast majority of women I've dealt with, you have no fucking idea where they're coming from. They could hate you because you threaten them somehow...not even professionally, it could be your background or your lifestyle or your weight or what brand clothing you do or don't wear. They can't separate that from work. If they hate one thing about you, they somehow spread it across the board until you're getting punished for it from every angle.

They give you the silent treatment and you have no idea why. They perceive slights and insults where there were none. And on top of it all they can give you this sweet, innocent look and say that they have no idea what you're talking about, while they're sniping you the whole time, every time your back is turned.

They're more apt to pick a favorite or a confidante than men are. I can't tell you how many hours of non-work I've witnessed while two get together and have closed-door "meetings" which are mostly just gossip about who at work slighted them and "well, I told HER blahblahblah". It was always in the guise of "here, I had a question about a timecard", then the door closed and for the next 45 minutes it was gossip and social strategizing.

I didn't universally get along with all the men I worked for/with, but normally it was much better than the women.