View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 02:11 PM       
Yeah, gag gifts certainly aren't against the rules. I bought somebody a cardboard castle one year, and while I know it was fun for my recipient to build and use, it wasn't something I expected them to hold onto forever.

There's definitely no amount of gifts required either. You can buy a person one gift or multiple gifts, it doesn't matter as long as you meet the requirements. That said, I enjoy giving more than one gift simply cuz it increases the chances of my recipient liking at least one of the things that I buy them. Plus, there's also more opportunities for photographs and other fun things for them to do with their gifts. If you get one thing, even if it is really cool (such as Proto's gift that Snoogans mentioned), you can't do much with it photo-wise other than hold it up for one pic. So yeah, I try to find gifts that they can actually do something with (ie: build something, cook something, etc.) that can be documented with photos or a video.

I am surprised to hear that pillow cost MORE than the required amount though, just cuz it looks so cheap. Where did you get it made, Snoogans? And don't worry, I don't think anybody thinks it was intentionally mean-spirited - it was obviously a joke. Some of us are just surprised it was the only thing that was sent, didn't include a note of any kind, and apparently cost that much.