View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 3rd, 2008, 02:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I tossed it

It looked like a small curl of metal. I was afraid it might have come off one of the cookie-cutters I was using.
SUE THE COOKIE CUTTER COMPANY!!!

I'm guessing it was about 1-2mm in length; IMO, the cookie cutters are an unlikely source for a curly shard of metal (most likely aluminum - steel would be much harder to cut). Were you using dough from a tube or a tin? Metallic fragments can be generated from opening an end of the tube (usually sealed with a soft metal slug) or from either end of the tin (usually aluminum). Could the "metal" actually be a piece of the metalized paper used as the body of the tin?

In any event, all food products have to be GRAS per the 23 CFR 175 blah blah blah (I forget the exact reference, can look it up if needed). In all likliehood the piece is too small to engender any type of reaction upon accidental ingestion. If it did then the individual so affected would probably have many other allergic reactions as well.

Bottom line - don't worry about it.
You may already be there.