View Single Post
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2007, 03:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
This is true. But really, with lines like "Anyone, with proper knowledge, should be able to fix anything, thus making said problem a non-issue," do you really need proof that you said something asinine in the past, prior to a few hours ago?

By the way, my Wii is making strange noises when we play MySims, but during no other game. It's coming from the disc drive, though I have no idea if the Wii is supposed to be that loud. My guess is NO, and I called Nintendo to get a UPS shipping label sent to me. It arrived a few days ago (about 2 days after I made the call), and I was told that it would take about 3-4 days to get to Nintendo, 3-4 days to repair, and then another 3-4 days to get it back - At most 2 weeks, total, with no proof whatsover that something was wrong. When I called Nintendo, they had Smash Bros. music for the hold music and warned that my wait time could be UPWARDS OF FIVE MINUTES but thank god it was only like two or something. I told the guy that it was making strange noises while playing MySims and he said 'Oh, really? Is that game any good?' and we talked a bit about it. I offered to let him listen to the noises after he'd submit my repair order, and he was all 'What was that?' (it sounds like a hamster trying to escape a habitrail). However, the system still works fine and is just making noises in that one game, and I'm afraid to send it out because we use it too much (between MySims and Mario Strikers Charged and Metroid Prime 3, I don't think there's a day that it doesn't go used).

Compare this to Microsoft's service, wherein you can expect to wait AT LEAST a month to get your system back, and it is virtually guaranteed to break (if it wasn't, they wouldn't have extended the warranty to 3 years. Shut up.). I don't know if you have to pay to ship it to them in the first place, but my money is on 'of course.' Our friend Chris is going through this issue at the moment (they've had his box for at least a month and a half), and so far has yet to play his copy of Halo 3 due to their shitty turn-around time.

I also ordered a new set of 4 Wii straps from Nintendo's web site a few weeks ago, for free (I heard they had released new models of straps from Infendo). They arrived within the week. This is my second set from Nintendo, and these have a lil locking mechanism. They're cute.
When my 360 broke, they sent me a coffin with styrofoam guards & a free ship label. No cost to the customer at all.