View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:22 PM       
I get Maurice Micklewhite, a.k.a. Michael Caine. Thanks Aaarg!

(Taken back in the day when smoking was good for you. )

A Michael Caine movie I love: Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. I don't know if it's his interplay with Steve Martin, but this movie kills me every time I see it. And the ending (where the con men get conned by their mark) seals the deal. Cliché? Most surely. Well done? Oh yes. Best line in the movie? I'm getting a little tired of playing Ruprecht the monkey boy.

A Michael Caine movie I like: Cars 2 (voice of Finn McMissile). I saw this with my son and a host of his buddies. The movie kept my attention, and even though it was animated, I was drawn in. Watchable.

A Michael Caine movie I didn't like: Hannah and her Sisters. I know, Woody Allen movies drip with sarcasm and razor sharp wit and the critics love them. I'm not a critic. I did not like this movie, probably because the trademark WA angst seemed forced and fake. Plus, there was too much Caine - his voiceover musings during the movie were "over the top" boring. Pass.

Honorable mention: Alfie. Not the Jude Law remake, but the original. Old, but very good.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jul 28th, 2011 at 10:45 PM.