View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 3rd, 2009, 10:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
I played a little of it for PS3 at my friend's place.

It's...weird. It's a lot more confusing than the other rhythm games out there. You definitely need to "grow into" the weird controller. But DJing is something I've always wanted to try, so it was kinda neat.

I downloaded the mash-ups from the game. Some are kinda meh, but some are really awesome. Playing to the beat of "Ice Ice Baby" mixed with "You Can't Touch This" was weird. Daft Punk actually made a few of the mash-ups too, though I think all the tracks they made are of other artists' songs.
I've been playing it on the Wii for a few hours and I think it's pretty good. I've got two (dusty) turntables that I scratch on for fun rather than any talent, but I can still say with some authority that the game is in no way related to actual turntablism. I'm not complaining though. The music is of a very high quality, I thought, even though I dislike a lot of the artists, and it seems that there is a lot to master in the game before I will get bored (I'll stop playing it in a week, probably). I've never played guitar Hero, so it might be easier if you have matered that.

The place I got it from gave away a free Daft Punk album with every copy, so I was reasonably pleased with that.