View Single Post
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2003, 02:54 AM       
My take on the whole thing is that Falwell and Robertson don't care what you believe, they are trying to tell us, Americans as a whole, that we are sinners, and I agree. No one's perfect. However, my problem with it is that at a time when the world should've (rightly so) been in mourning, we have oppotunistic weasels advancing their own agendas. Let the homosexuals and secular people of the world live with it, and if they do die and end up getting on The Big Guy's bad side, that's THEIR problem.

Being atheist myself, it's hard to NOT put this in a way that's not touchy, but here goes anyway:

I believe that everyone should be able to live how they want (WITHIN REASON, I DO NOT ADVOCATE MURDER, PEDOPHILIA OR THE LIKE) and LET LIVE. My beef with the religious right has been their nagging fixation on living people's lives for them. Jesus Saves. Well, what if we CHOOSE not to be saved? God did give us FREE WILL, after all. I respect people that are religious, if you believe in God, well good! I'm not being sarcastic, some people choose to have religion in their lives, I'm not God, I won't take that from you. But the fanatics like Falwell and Robertson bother me. People who call me a baby killer because I'm pro-choice. Well, I'm not the one pulling an unborn baby out of the womb. I'm not the teenage mother who's getting her unborn baby "removed at convenience" because "Daddy will get mad". I believe that ultimately, whether I agree with it or not, IT'S NOT MY CHOICE TO MAKE, THEREFORE IT'S NOT MY RIGHT TO CONDEMN SUCH A PERSON FROM MAKING THAT CHOICE.

Falwell and Robertson are doing NOTHING more than advancing their own agenda. THEY hate homosexuals, THEY hate the secular.. if this was GOD'S beef, wouldn't Afghanistan be suffering 10 okagues by now? (Because the first commandment basically says that God hates competition). I know this isn't true but let me use the stereotype anyway.. If God had that big a beef (before they die) with homosexuals, wouldn't Greece be wiped off the map Noah's Ark style, or at least like he took out Sodom? (and again, I'm just using an example, I am smart enough to know that Greece is not filled to the borders with homosexuals). Falwell and Robertson have a problem with these people, being bigoted as they are, and they are trying to use God as a tool to scare the deviants.

People need to stop taking their religion into battle. Good God.