View Single Post
homoperfect is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2006, 04:34 PM       
I wouldn't go as far as to say Religion is irational ignorance. I have found that many folks seek answers and feel uncomfortable when gaps are left unfilled. The answers must be clear cut and have no grey areas. This is where I have my problems with religion. It becomes more cult like rather than spiritual. I believe whole heartedly in Logic, reason, and the art of thinking rationally in general. Yet, I believe in religion but not as a controling institution. I think religion serves the nessisary elements for a community to function. chuck the theology out the window, it's not like anyone really listens or cares, and you get a community gathering of coffee and donuts every sunday. It's the ideal place to find a lead to jobs, cheap real estate, recreational activities and much more. Luckily there are churches out there that do care about the facts and are accepting of all. I await the day I, as a homosexual, will be able to marry within my church. This is a very real dream considering my church has been pushing for the issue for several years now and has almost approved it. Some churhces will be acknowledging gay marriage before the state will.