View Single Post
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 12:08 PM       
Since you seem to say there's no magic number than how do you even know the economy would be fucked from raising minimum wage? It seems like you are arguing with your own opinion. You obviously can know absolutely nothing about it, you are merely regurgitating knowledge you "learned" in a class. By your own admission everything you said was a lie because there's no "magic number at which the economy crashes". You picked 21% as your magic number. :/ Thanks for arguing with yourself, though. I find it entertaining.

"21 % is my magic number!" - captain bubba

Remember, I was only asking for numbers because YOU presented them. Why did you present numbers if there's no magic number the economy crashes? Hypocricy? Stupidity? Ignorance? Please, let me know mr. it's too complicated to know that a number will crash the economy.
Now you have to ask yourself if I knew that there was no magic number and was just waiting for you to say there isn't and make your "21% point" pointless, or if I'm just smart enough to play it off. And what about what you say next, how will that factor in to how i feel about things. Is it what i want you to say? Am I planning out everything ahead of time? How smart am I, really?

"You really seem to have no grasp of how complex what you'e discussing is"

Unfortunately I do, I understand there's tons of companies who have employees hired, some small businesses some huge corporations. I understand they all have a certain amount of money, a certain amount of employees.. some hand out benifits, some rely on resources to gain money, some rely on their employees. Most of the one's that have alot of employees hired(basically, who this would effect the most) are places like walmart and mcdonalds. Do you want to tell me they don't have the money?
Of course the economy is a complicated thing. It's a conglomeration of tons of companies and employees, who may or may not be relying on eachother or other outside influences. Thanks for stating the obvious, jackass. The idea of economy itself is ore of a lucid concept than anything else.
There's also other influences that you haven't considered, especially on minimum wage workers, like welfare. Are you aware that one person can get 150 something dollars in food stamps a month in california? I find that funny since the minimum wage increase would tally out to being about 160 dollars a month. If minimum wage was raised, there's a chance that they would no longer be eligible to receive benefits(although, I haven't looked directly at the magic numbers). Funny how things can often balance themselves out... We have all these programs in place to help poor people, why not just make it so they aren't poor anymore, then all of these shitty programs to help them wouldn't be needed, and they would actually have some respect for themselves. Balance is nice.