View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 04:38 PM       
"So that makes it just fine to allow civilians to suffer and die?"

I realize my answers are dismissed by you almost as quickly as I give them, so I will keep this brief. Those sanctions could have been lifted at any time had Hussein realized staying in power in Iraq was more harmful to his people than beneficial. I dare say, he gives not one iota for the safety and well being of those he governs. Fault lies on both sides, but responsibility lies solely with him. He was too weak to choose the right course of action.

"That still doesn't explain why we set up the Shah instead of a democracy."

History, while one part truth to two parts fabrication, is not a fairy tale. The Shah himself was not even involved in his own coup. Read up on what you're citing, or else don't bother. He was the man who had the most inherent support already, he was the only viable option for overthrowing the rightfully placed government of Iran.

"What about the first Gulf war, when we urged the Kurds to rise up against Saddam, and then did nothing to help them as they were slaughtered."

Let me use my capslock. Maybe you'll catch it this time: PRESIDENT BUSH HAD NO DOMESTIC SUPPORT FOR CONTINUED HOSTILITIES AGAINST IRAQ.