View Single Post
Kilgore Cod is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 07:48 AM       
Like most people who saw it in theaters, I was very disappointed when I first saw it. I saw it a second time on DVD and I found it much better than I had originally thought. When you take away all the studio bullshit, the multiple forced villains and the questionable acting, you're left with a very good story about losing something important to you and fighting to get it back. IMO the movie should had just stuck with Sandman as its sole villain. I really liked how the character was portrayed and it could had rivaled Doc Ock as the best superhero movie villain if done properly.

Raimi had stated numerous times that he pretty much hates the Venom character and had no desire to put him on screen. Alot of today's comic fans forget that the Venom character didn't exist until 1988, so he's still a relatively "new" character in comic history.

I'd have no problem if there was an entire re-casting of the main roles for Part 4. Both Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst have outlived their usefulness. The magic they had from part 1 is clearly long gone.