View Single Post
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Jul 19th, 2011, 11:55 AM       
All shelters are different. We would have kept it if it were adoptable. Of course that depends on how full we are. If we are full of stray animals we have to hold them by law. So we have no room for the owner surrendered animals unfortunately they will have to go. We network like crazy to find homes for all of them and foster out as much as we can.
Those puppies I had were surrendered by the owner who bred the parents. He brought them in too young, still needing to nurse. We begged him to keep them with the momma till they we 8 weeks old then we could take them and adopt them, otherwise they would be put down. He said it was too much trouble and left them with us. I took them, fostered them, bottle fed them three to four times a night, then weaned them to solid food, potty and crate trained them, then found them homes just so they would not be put down. A month before I did the same with a litter of kittens.

Dealing with people like you described is why I feel like I do towards people. And she is just the tip of the crazy iceberg I see on a daily basis.

Sorry for the rant. tomorrow starts my vacation, and boy do I need it.