View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2010, 02:08 PM       
Corey Haim's death is linked to an "illegal and massive prescription-drug ring," California Attorney General Jerry Brown said Friday. Brown's office is investigating "an unauthorized prescription under the former child star's name that was found during an ongoing investigation of fraudulent prescription-drug pads ordered from a vendor in San Diego."

Brown said the ring uses stolen doctor's identities to order prescription-drug pads that are used to write counterfeit prescriptions.
"The doctor whose name is printed on the form is usually unaware that his or her identity has been stolen for this purpose," Brown said.
Haim got two powerful drugs from a pharmacy 11 days before his death, according to a source with knowledge of the transaction.

Haim also won rave reviews for his title role in the 1986 film "Lucas." Film critic Roger Ebert said of him at the time, "If he continues to act this well, he will never become a half-forgotten child star, but will continue to grow into an important actor." lol I guess he didn't continue to act that well.