View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2003, 03:27 PM        Eh
Well, as far as I can tell, Ronnie has been farely fundamental for the most part. I'm only going to respond to Burbie's last comment

Burbank: It does. But that isn't what you're talking about at all, unless you're lumping Proto together with Child Molesters in your deffinition of "Fake Christians" or unless when you say someone isn't a 'real Christian' you don't neccesarily mean they are 'fake christians.'

Well, Paul encouraged the Church not to judge one another, but be aware of whem they stray away from the scriptures and into heresy (my word, one never once used in the Bible). If a person did such a thing, they were considered 'false witnesses' i.e. fake christians. The first step in dealing with them is to talk it out, if no accord can be reached, the second is to stop holding fellowship with the individual, but never to judge and never to hold past transgressions against them in case they return to the doctrines. As near as I can tell, that whats Ronnie has been insinuating, but not in so many words.

Burbank: You don't like the taste of it, but it's clear when you use phrases like 'real american' and 'real christian', you're a zealot. And zealotry? A pretty tiny box. But it's always good to know you are sure enough you are without sin to be comfortable casting stones.

Well, I prefer real California cheese to imitation Craft singles on my subs, and I enjoy conversating on politics with those who actually follow the news as opposed to those just have knee-jerk reaction to headlines, so I think there is room enough for middle ground somewhere before reaching the zealotry stage.

Furthermore, I think you're purposely trying to bait Ronnie into saying something that would suggest all he knows of Christianity he learned from commentaries and O'Reilly. I know you're educated on the subject, so I can't help but think its slightly malicious of you to torture the kid like this. I'm sure even he must admit to himself that he has many hypocritical traits (politically and religiously speaking), what purpose does it serve to rub his nose in them?

---One more thing

Sspad: "Eternal solitude"

Wow, man. The political correctness movement has gone too far. Even the fundamentalists are coming up with euphemisms for their own Hell.

Ronnie fucked this one up. The Book of Hebrews refers to 'Outer Darkness' and I was almost sure this was what he meant at the time. Once a person accepts Christ he is saved from eternal damnation. God keeps His word even if His followers don't. If they recant, and sin without repentance and turn their eyes from Him, they won't go to hell. Instead they will be banished from the Kingdom of God, to the surrounding 'Outer Darkness.'

It's actually pretty interesting, and I wish the Bible alluded to it more than just a few times in the New Testament because its certainly insightful.