View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 09:42 AM       
Oh, I'm totally baiting him. Absolutely. Absolutely 'Naldo. AND it's a little cruel, AND I take some measure of pleasure in it.

A few things.

A.) I make no pretense I'm not. Ronnie, in case you may have missed it, I am tweaking your nose on purpose.

B.) While a little adolescent, (this is affter ll a site for mockery) my aim is to to hold a mirror up to Ronnies Hypocrisy. I make no major moral claims for myself. Ronnie claims to be a 'real Christian', 'real American', going to heaven while pretty much everyone else here is currently damned, and yet his behavior is pretty much the same as mine. Except I'm funnier. And more lucid. And know more about religion.

C.) Ronnie begs for it. He's here as a negative atttention seeker, I'm just he'pin. I once spent a series of posts trying to get him to say why he was here, and got nowhere realistic. He claimed he was here to educate, which stretches credulity. I think he's here to Mock, but can't admit it even to himself, becuase Mocking and Gloating are unChristian passtimes.

D.) Ronnie holds the one and only belief I find most unsettling, appauling, bizarre, barbaric and dangerous. That a Supreme being responsible for all creation would feature Eternal Damnation as part of his plan. Like most moderns who believe in Hell, he's fairly certain it's just for other folks. That makes me literally ill, and I can't see that opinion expressed without attacking it. Nalds will tell you that means I hate Christians. Which is of course, whooey. In my view, any Christian who does not struggle daily with the concept of damnation and what it might mean about God is lacking in most Christian virtues.

E.) He needs it. He wouldn't be here if he didn't.

F.) It probably makes him pray for me. It nver hurts to hedge your bets.

G.) It's irresistably fun.