View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 27th, 2003, 05:11 PM       
1.) Okay, what about Proto makes him less a 'Real" Christian than you? And does his fake Christianty mean that should he suddenly die of a massive stroke, or being struck by a falling anvil, anything that took him by surprise, that he would go to hell? Forever. 'Cause I think that's on the childish side. You know. For God. What with Proto being a basically nice guy and just having a little in common with a child molester.

"Just as much as any other man."
You've made that statement often, but what do you MEAN by it. I have never heard you admit to a mistake, and error in judgemnt , a doubt in any speciffic way. Likewise, you attribute to your icons (Bush, Rush, et al) a similar virtual infallability.

"I make no major moral claims for myself."
-me

Yes, which gives you free reign to say and do anything. That makes you a weaker man, not stronger.
-you

See, here you make a seriously blind mistake. It isn't the claims that make a person moral. I can't think of the exact passage at the moment but I believe Jesus had something to say about judging by a man's actions.

"Real Christian...yes. Real American....yes. "going to heaven while pretty much everyone else here is currently damned"..... Not at all, and you know it. This is where your little self proclaimed moral depravity kicks in. It's O.K. for you to lie because you don't make "major moral claims". I've NEVER said nor insinuated anything like that. "
-You

Never in a single sentence, I suppose. But there's logic. Here's what you have said. You are a real american and Christian. Speciffic other people here are not. Real Christians go to heaven. Those who do not accept Jesus go to hell. You? God's Grace. Other's here? Hellbound unless they 'have a change of heart'. I accept that you see these as conditions of fact beyond your influence. It doesn't chnage where you stand in relation to us. I have stated on more than one occasion that it's not yours to judge and that you sjhouldn't be inlcined to. You feel that God has laid out a set of rules that allows you to determine a persons destintion in the afterlife. You arfe also very eager to call people 'liar's' when their interpretation of events isn't the same as yours, which is less than charitable, an ugly accusation, and reveals a highly simplistic vision of different viewpoints.