View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:21 PM       
I don't know how I managed to not notice the updates to this thread for so long...

Actually Ronnie, I HAVE personally accepted Christ. I just don't think that EVERYONE necessarily should. I realize that you can't possibly understand my point of view, and I also know that in accepting others' beliefs with just as much potential validation as my own, I am obviously not "truly" accepting Christ and his "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY" ultimatum.

I DO in fact reject YOUR version of Christ, and YOUR version of God, I find them twisted and vile, and I have no room in my heart for them. So be it. The God I believe in made a Heaven big enough for you, me, Max Burbank, Mockery, and many other good-hearted souls of widely varying beliefs. I put MY faith in something better than a God obsessed with fickle pride and almost arbitarily assigned eternal damnation.

Think of the most kind-hearted and generous person you know. Do you think they have the potential in their heart to sentence a GOOD person to ETERNAL damnation for even a SLIGHTLY different set of theological beliefs as their own? And don't you think GOD would be somewhat BETTER than the best person YOU know? Do you think GOD would be so petty as to sentence HUMAN BEINGS, for whom years, months, weeks, days, and HOURS are a significant measure of time, yet a fleeting hiccup to the INFINITY of God, to ETERNAL DAMNATION?? Could we not, say, "learn our lesson" in perhaps a mere million billion years instead?

And given this statement you made earlier:

"Where I stand in relation to you is irrelevant. Where I stand in realtion to GOD is. "

WHY are you so concerned with where OTHER people are going to spend eternity anyway? Where I or Burbank end up is irrelevant, you should be more concerned about YOU rather than constantly telling us where we're supposedly going to end up.

Ooooh! And now I see that we have to be BAPTIZED on top of everything else to get into heaven, according to Italian Stereotype. So Italian...does this mean that even if you HAVE done everything Ronnie says you need to do and have accepted Christ and think that all other religions are full of mistaken fools, you will STILL go to hell if you haven't had a priest dunk your head in water??