View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 05:59 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Planescape Torment, it's really fucking good and it's refreshing to play a game with a little bit of imagination. There's so many different ways you can go about completing your shit it's like if Deus Ex was an isometric RPG.

Way better than Baldur's Gate 2. I don't think I even got out of the first dungeon of that game.
Planescape Torment is hands down one of the best games ever created and that almost exclusively because of the writing. Sure, the gameplay is okay but nothing special. Itīs the world, the story that makes it such a timeless classic

Not classics but Iīve tried out Sleeping Dogs and Darksiders 2 yesterday, both really really good. Iīm especially suprised by Sleeping Dogs. If you have ANY love for Hong Kong Action Cinema (think Hard Boiled, etc) in your heart, you will love this game. I plays good, the characters are nice, the game sets the right mood, Hong Kong feels great, even though the map is much smaller than your typical GTA.

Darksiders 2 on the other hand, while playing really really great seriously botches its own opening. Now I know youīre supposed to play the first one first (and I did) but the game almost seems to forget that it had a predecessor.
Itīs like "Yeah, thereīs War and he must prove his innocence but Death tries the same so letīs just follow him now, ok?" It just throws you in there, strands you on the first (and hopefully not only) world and letīs you figure the rest out yourself. Players that skipped the first Game will be very lost in the beginning.
It also doesnīt help that Death doesnīt narrate what heīs doing, I kinda imagined he would do that.
Still, itīs a VERY good game. Takes the strengths of the first one and build on them. The loot-system is satisfying, you have shops and even a Townportal, the levels are bigger, the controls are tighter, Death has more moves and way more weapons than War and apparently the game is also quite a bit longer than the first one.