View Single Post
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 11th, 2007, 12:52 PM       
Oh, I agree about Meltzer's pacing and I too am looking forward to McDuffie's run since his characterizations in Fantastic Four have been SPOT ON and enjoyable as hell to read. I haven't watched any of his DC animated episodes yet, but I will soon because I'm going through the Justice League DVDs now. You gotta admit though that Archer's Quest was a damn fine Green Arrow story though, eh?

And sadly, I've not yet read any of Grant Morrisson's JLA run. The trades are all on my "must pick up someday" list, but there are about a million other things on that list as well...

BTW, have you been reading Geoff Johns new JSA run? It's been damned entertaining! I never gave two shits about the JSA before, but now...I'm hooked!

I like everything Jeph Loeb has done with Tim Sale, but I also can't think of anything he did NOT paired up with him that has been particularly worthwhile (his current run on Wolverine is abysmal, not to mention Fallen Son, which you might think he could've given some personal perspective to after dealing with the pain of his own son's death). I have a theory that Tim Sale gives Jeph Loeb superpowers when it comes to writing, and without Sale's assistance, Loeb's writing is mired in muddled mediocrity.