View Single Post
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 09:08 PM       
Hey Larry!

Pent honors me - a great honor, I might add - with the late great Yul Brynner.

A Yul Brynner movie I love: The Magnificent Seven. Oh man. This movie definitely stands the test of time.

A Yul Brynner movie I like: The Ten Commandments. Epic isn't a big enough word to describe this film.

A Yul Brynner movie I hate: Futureworld. Not enough Yul, too much Peter Fonda.

Honorable Mentions: The King and I - literally for him it was the role of a lifetime, as he played it on stage and screen (winning an Oscar) and toured as the King of Siam right up until his eventual hospitalization and death at age 65. Westworld was also fun, although his dialog is a bit thin ("Draw ..."), but every time he appears on the screen, the hairs stood up on the back of my neck. In his day, he was the leading man's leading man.

Finally, worth a look is his rather powerful PSA (stipulated to be aired only after his death) vilifying tobacco companies and the habit of smoking as the direct cause of his illness.
You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 26th, 2011 at 10:44 PM.