View Single Post
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 11:15 PM       
I guess seeing how you live with you Dad and stepmom makes me kinda thankful that my immediate family gets along well. My stepmom is loving toward us, but at the same time, she knows that there are lines that shouldn't be crossed and just doesn't go there. The badmouthing is almost nonexistant, and everyone shows up to family gatherings without any friction. My Mom pretty much has given up trying to find another man, and I don't really blame her. I remember she dated a music teacher for a while who played the trumpet, and after finding out I played the Horn, he really tried to bond with me. I understand that he was enthusiastic about dating my Mom, but I don't think he understood the term "breathing room". He proposed way too soon, and never saw him again after rejection. I feel bad for him, in a way :/

Anyway, all I can think of right now is that if your grades are as good as you say they are, you can go to anywhere in the country for college. Pick up some scholarships, and hey, maybe one will offer you a full ride. Also, there are programs where you can work for the school as a librarian, cashier, lab assistant, or whatever to pay for part of your tuition. Yes, moving out of the house means you have to take care of yourself and all that crap, but the freedom you gain from it makes it all worth it. If possible, try to stay in a dorm your first year, since it makes the transition to living on your own a lot smoother. It also makes it easier to make friends in that situation.

In the meantime, maybe you could find a job being a librarian in the area you're staying now? It would get you out of the house, for one thing, and the paycheck would come in handy. Plus, you did say you enjoy it...

Anyway, good luck hangin' in there, and yes, high school is just a lotta bullshit.