View Single Post
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 11:11 AM       
Kevin, I had a lot of the same thoughts you did regarding the relatively small protest going on today. "Now they get picky about the company they keep?"

I think the whole thing is stupid. Its not like he has any real power. He's just a mouth piece for the Ayatollah thats running Iran right now. What does Columbia hope to accomplish? As if he isn't prepared to do a verbal dance around whatever they can throw at him.

What do the protesters hope to accomplish? Yes, everybody knows he is an asshole.

Both parties are simply going to be feeding into his propaganda machine that he's already got running for the fanatics throughout the Muslim world. One way or another, he'll be sticking it to the Great Satan. We treat him with respect and dignity, the policies of Iran get legitimacy. If we get all flustered and attack him, he gets to tell the fundamentalists how awfully he was treated and how the West really is waging war on Islam.

It would have been best for Columbia to have never extended the invitation. The best thing now would be to just ignore it. Don't show up to it, don't protest it, just let it go on in deafening silence.